Date of Birth: June 25, 1956
Date of Death: June 8, 2018 (Age: 61 years)
Height: 6’4” (193 cm)
Weight: 177 lb (80 kg)
Hair color: Salt and Pepper
Eye color: Dark brown
It seems, not only we wonder how those being cooks manage to stay in great shape … Are you interested too? Then follow.
The famous chef Anthony Bourdain is popular not only for his delicious dishes, but also for his appearance. Everyone understands that the man is no longer so young, therefore it is more difficult to remain in good physical shape every year, but somehow he succeeds.
The point is that Anthony trains every day, no matter where he is – at home or at the other continent. And the thing that helps him in maintaining the form is fighting. Yes, the famous chef practices jiu-jitsu and therefore looks much younger than his real age. It is fighting that keeps his muscles tight and the soul young and energetic.
Jiu-jitsu is translated as the art of softness. This is a basic general term that applies to the spectrum of Japanese martial arts, including various techniques of fight with or without weapons. Today a good sports club can offer great varieties of jiu-jitsu. In this technique, a wide variety of forms of struggle is used. It involves a combination of different techniques, throws, jams, strokes and so on.
Of course, speaking of the benefits of this technique, initially we will notice the possibility of protecting ourselves in various situations.
However, in addition, by means of fighting Anthony greatly affected the state of his health, and not only physical, but also mental. The following mechanisms contribute to this:
– Fighting classes improve the work of the heart and blood vessels, keep muscles in tone, improve metabolic processes;
– Regular stimulation of nerve endings positively affects the work of the nervous system and the whole organism, promotes the activation of mental activity;
– Strengthening ligaments and joints. This is facilitated by a high load, as well as a constant static voltage;
– Development of muscles. Strength is needed in order to resist an enemy, therefore, the activities are aimed at actively stimulating the muscular system;
– Flexibility. Training is actively working to develop it, and, as you know, flexibility helps to maintain youth – this is Anthony Bourdain’s key;
– Energy potential. Special exercises for respiratory and energy gymnastics help correctly apply their internal energy, which leads to overall health promotion;
– Psychological sustainability. In the process of self-defense, the ability to resist pressure, both physical and psychological, is developed, which helps to easily escape from unpleasant situations.
All the mentioned above convinced Anthony Bourdain to keep on practicing jiu-jitsu and the result is visible.