Every person on the planet has heard the name of Ruby Rose. And if he hasn’t, it is the time to get acquainted with this great girl, beautiful model, talented DJ and actress. Now she earns millions, she has lots of fans all over the world and she is going to marry. But in her childhood the life seemed dark for her. To know Ruby Rose better, here are top twenty facts about her.
1. Ruby Rose Langenheim was born in 1986, on the 20th of March (30 years old). Her birthplace is Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. She was raised by a single mother, singer Katia Langenheim. Her godfather is a famous Australian boxer, Lionel Rose.
2. Ruby Rose was sexually abused in her teens by one of her relatives. She doesn’t tell the details of this story, just the fact that she was the victim of sexual violence in her early years and that he was one of her family members.
3. The girl understood, she was lesbian, at the age of 12. She decided to tell the truth to her mother, friends and classmates. It was hard for her mother to accept this fact, but finally she tried to understand her daughter and to come to terms with herself. But Ruby’s classmates bullied the girl for her sexual orientation.
4. Ruby Rose had numerous conflicts with her classmates in her teens. Once the boy from her class threw a heavy chair into her head and she had to spend several weeks at hospital after this accident.
5. Her hard childhood became the reason of Ruby’s severe depression. The woman suffers depression till now and tells about it openly to help the other people with the same problem.
6. Ruby Rose was discovered as a model at the age of 16. She took part in a competition, arranged by the issue “Girlfriend” She was the second one and the first one was Catherine McNeil, with whom Ruby had an affair much later.
7. Ruby Rose model became extremely successful. Her photos were published by such reputable fashion issues as “Nylon”, “Cosmopolitan”, “Vogue”, “Marie Claire” and many others. She is also the face of Maybelline in Australia.
8. Ruby Australia became well known in USA and worldwide and not just as a model. She is a recorded performer. She released her first track “Guilty Pleasure” in 2012. DJ Ruby Rose served also as a TV host. Her show “The 7pm Project” is one of the most watched in Australia.
9. Ruby Rose got international recognition as an actress. She made cameo appearance in the series “Mr & Mrs Murder”. Her talent of an actress was obvious and that’s why she was invited to act as Stella Carlin in the series “Orange Is the New Black”. This role was her big break in the world of cinematograph.
10. Ruby Rose is also known as a designer. At first she designed the line of clothes for the brand “Milk and Honey”. She created the line of Ruby Rose costume for this brand in 2010. Her fashion ideas were liked by the clients and she decided to develop her talent of a designer. Together with her partner, she opened Ruby clothing store.
11. Ruby Rose is engaged. Her partner is a designer Phoebe Dahl. Ruby Rose – Phoebe Dahl got engaged in March, 2014. They say, Phoebe was very romantic, when she made a proposal. She came to Ruby’s house at 5 am with a big branch of roses and gave her the ring with the words “Will you be my wife?”
12. Ruby Rose and Phoebe Dahl seem to be very happy. They plan to buy a new big house and to adopt a child.
13. Previously Ruby Rose was in relations with such women as an actress Jessica Origliasso, a model Lola Van Vorst and some others. She was engaged to a model Catherine McNeil, but they broke up.
14. Ruby Rose is known as the supporter of gay rights. She knows from her own experience, how awful the person feels, when becomes bullied for sexual orientation. In 2008 she was called by Same Same (gay community) as one of the most influential gays in Australia.
15. Ruby Rose is known by her tattoos. It is not known exactly, how many Ruby Rose tattoos she has. She told, there are about 30 separate tattoos on her body and some of them were arranged in groups.
16. Ruby Rose made her first tattoo at the age of 16, when she lived in Germany. At first she made piercing on her tongue. Her mother was shocked, when she saw the ring in her daughter’s mouth. She asked the girl to get rid of it. Ruby Rose agreed to do it in exchange for the opportunity to make a tattoo. Thus she made her first tattoo and then made more and more.
17. One of Ruby’s tattoos is devoted to the brand she endorses – Maybelline. She has their slogan tattooed. It says “You were born with it!”
18. Ruby Rose produced and directed the short movie “Break Free”, where she called herself as “Gender fluid”.
19. Ruby Rose has a unique eye color. She defines it as “light green”, but it is hard even name the tint she has.
20. There are three things she always has in her bag. They are a gum, floss and a bottle of water. Her friends always joke about it. But Ruby Rose believes, these things help her to remain beautiful all the time.
There’s one more fact you should know about Ruby Rose, if you consider yourself as her fan. She is really cool, it goes without saying!